- Benefit from bouncing ideas off others
- Seldom write from outlines
- Are impulsive, impatient writers
- Need to see immediate results
- Prefer detailed, explicit instructions
- Like step-by-step instructions
- Have difficulty deciding what to include
- Focus on mechanics and neglect content
- Motivated by assignments that relate to a personal concern or connect one human to
- Focus on audience and want their topic to be interesting; may search excessively for the
- Ideas may need further clarification and reorganization.
- Often use outlines.
- Tips: Try not to overdo personal insights. Cite the cons as well as the pros of the
- Tend to select broad topics and dive into their reading before limiting the topic.
- Delay the writing because they feel they need to read on more book or article.
- First drafts are often too long and inconclusive.
- Revision needs to concentrate on cutting out the unessential.
- Need a specific deadline.
- Tips: Use a milestone chart. Find a point to cut off research and begin drafting. Use an